Assistant Category Manager - Convenience
Lagardère Travel Retail, a dynamic part of the global Lagardère Services group, is a world-leading travel essentials, duty free and food service retailer, with operations in 30 countries throughout Europe, North America, Asia and the Pacific.
We are expanding and have an exciting new opportunity for an Assistant Category Manager - Convenience to join our busy and fast paced office, located in the Auckland Airport vicinity. As part of the Commercial Team you will be expected to undertake a variety of support activities and contribute to the smooth operation of the Convenience category.
A snapshot of your tasks include:
- Communicate information on upcoming promotions with suppliers to ensure compliance and follow up on any post promotional requirements
- Maintain regular, timely contact with suppliers and management to ensure operational efficiency at store level
- Maintain products/services file database to ensure APN’s, descriptions, pricing and other relevant data is accurate and reliable
- Retrieve sales data as requested to compile meaningful sales reports and presentations for stores, suppliers and senior management
- Provide insightful analysis to Category Managers to highlight opportunities to grow gross margin dollars and volume
- Pricing comparisons and liaison with finance to ensure accuracy of product database
The requirements listed below are essential to perform well in this role:
- Retail and office administration experience in a management support capacity
- Proficiency using MS Office - Outlook, Word and Excel at an intermediate to advanced level
- Attention to detail with accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Ability to problem solve and meet tight deadlines
- Strong customer service focus with the ability to build good relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Working in a supportive and friendly team environment, this is a rewarding opportunity that will keep you busy and on your toes; ideally suited to a self-motivated, focused and proactive individual with a positive and professional attitude.
If we’ve piqued your interest and you have the experience and confidence to take ownership of this busy role then we’d love to hear from you.
Experience new horizons, every day!