Inventory Planning Manager - Travel Retail
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is an international travel retail company that operates a number of exciting brands around the globe. With over 120 Australian & New Zealand stores located in dynamic environments including airports and commuter hubs, we are a fast paced organisation, meeting the needs of people on the move.
In every one of our stores from Perth to Nouméa, Melbourne to Auckland - and around the world - we know that it's our people who make us what we are. Our store and support office teams all share common goals, striving at all times to value our customers and our fellow employees. Our vision and company culture is what makes our business special and is a strong factor in us being leaders in our field which will allow us to continue to grow and succeed.
With a focus on both Duty Free and our Travel Essentials - convenience divisions, our Planners are responsible for establishing effective inventory plans by store for their respective designated category, leading to the highest level of sales at the lowest total cost.
This is a key role, due to growth within our business across Australia and New Zealand, where you will be responsible for leading a medium sized team of Planners with varying levels of experience to execute all KPI’s set by the business.
A snapshot of your tasks will be to:
- Provide decisive leadership and team facilitation in the face of challenge
- Quickly identify barriers to progress and execute team plan for success
- Monitor stock levels and current purchase orders to ensure stock purchases achieve Stock Cover, and Out of Stock KPI Target
- Plan and execute full development of the inventory system to meet the changing requirement of the business
- Establish clear procedures and protocols to resolve inventory related issues with the stores and management
- Establish appropriate controls on overall inventory investments (OTB, Stock Cover, GMROII)
- Provide analysis, reports and recommendations to Executive Management Team on supply chain improvements
- Regular store visits to verify procedures and assist with stock issues, and returns
We’re looking for a very special individual with very special skills, able to inspire their Team and confidently handle a unique environment that is both challenging and demanding. To deliver to a high standard you will definitely need to have:
- Experience in inventory management and planning and / or supply chain, preferably in a large, high volume retail environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritise, and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with Excel at an advanced level, able to create VLOOKUP's and Pivot Tables. Exposure to Navision and / or SAP is preferable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and strong analytical skills
The retail travel industry is not for the faint-hearted but if it grabs your attention then it’s really hard to walk away – many of us here at Lagardère Travel Retail can vouch for that! This is a great opportunity to make your mark within our rapidly expanding business and more specifically, our Planning team of dedicated individuals.
Experience new horizons every day!